About Me

My photo
i'm majoring in Japanese now.And i've learned Japanese for over three years. The difference between English and Japanese grammar always confused me when I try to speak English.lol

Monday, March 28, 2011

I saw the news that said Sakuras (Cherry blossoms) in Tokyo are blooming, so today I would like to share some pictures I took in Saga last year, and introduce some facts about Sakura.
In Japan every year the public will track “Sakura zensen”(桜前線) which is indicating to when Sakura would bloom and via weather forecast to tell the exact date. 
(http://sakura.weathermap.jp/ )

So what is the Sakura zensen’s function? Why should Japanese everyone be concerned about this?


It is HANAMI(花見)!!
Japanese love to view Sakura with sake or beer right sit under the Sakura tree. They would have a party with fellow workers, classmates, relatives or even the boss in company.
If you visit Japan in April. You would find that there are always so many people gathering in the park. I really love this culture in Japan and I’ve done it once.lol

1 comment:

  1. When it talks about SAGA, I always thinks about Ninja culture.(In fact there is no Ninja in SAGA. XD” ) That is interesting that SAGA is also famous with Sakura. Hanami is so fantasy in my image ! Does student in Japan also go to Hanami, too? If they do, it must be the most interesting activities.

    ReplyDelete